FPU PROGRAM – MECD. WE ARE LOOKING FOR PhD CANDIDATES
CALL OPENS 16th JANUARY AND CLOSES 3rd FEBRUARY 2017 AT 14:00 h
CONTACT US THE SOONER THE BETTER, BEFORE 27th JANUARY!The research group etnobiofic, constituted by researchers from the Botanical Institute of Barcelona (CSIC-ICUB) and from the University of Barcelona (UB) is looking for graduate or master students in:
- Biology, Biochemistry, Biotechnology, Environmental Sciences,
- Biomedical Sciences, Pharmacy or similar
for a FPU (“Formación de Profesorado Universitario”) contract in Barcelona in the field of plant evolutionary biology, with special emphasis in the study of the evolution, at the genomic and epigenomic levels, of repetitive DNA, in particular of ribosomal DNA, telomeric regions and B-chromosomes. The project will be mainly focused in bioinformatic analyses of NGS data and will be complemented by other approaches from molecular biology and cytogenetics (including fluorescent in situ hybridisation, flow cytometry or fluorescence microscopy, among others).
Interphase nuclei showing 5S and 35S rRNA genes colocalized in Artemisia (Garcia et al. 2009; DOI 10.1007/s00412-008-0179-z )
We are looking for a candidate enthusiastic for research and interested in acquiring university teaching skills, in order to ask for a FPU contract of the forthcoming call of the MECD (Government of Spain). The call is most likely imminent, since last year’s was announced at the end of November.
Etnobiofic is a pluridisciplinary and very active research group, with a long-term scientific track, highly productive and experienced in training PhD candidates. More details on our group can be found at: www.etnobiofic.cat.
- Applicants must credit that they hold a graduate degree and that they are inscribed in a PhD program in a Spanish university during the academic year 2016-2017 or that they have the master degree, or that they are inscribed, during the academic year 2016-2017, in an official university master leading to a PhD program in the academic year 2017-2018.
- It is necessary an academic record above 8 (Degree) and above 8.5 (MSc.)
- A good level of English, as well as background in bioinformatics are desirable.
Duration and salary*:
- The maximum duration will be four years, excepting handicapped people, who will have six years to complete the program. The contracts will have an annual length, annually renewable, prior favourable report from the PhD commission.
- The planned start of the incorporation of beneficiaries date must occur before November 1st, 2017 (and at the earliest by June 2017, when the call is resolved).
- The salary will be 1.173€/month, plus two extra pays each year.
First phase: the only criterion will be the average balanced academic record within the area of the ANEP selected by the applicant.
Second phase: the evaluation of the merits of the applicants, from 0 to 6 points, will be performed by an evaluation committee of the ANECA, who will only take into account those merits presented by the applicants according to these criteria:
- Scientific interest and quality of the training plan (up to 0.5 points).
- Applicant’s CV (up to 2 points).
- PhD supervisor’s CV (up to 2.5 points).
- Research activity of the receiver group in the past five (up to 1 point).
Foreign candidates whose mother tongue is different from Spanish or Catalan must credit, when submitting the application, that they have the B2 level either of Spanish or Catalan, excepting the applicants that have already completed their license, degree or master in Spanish or Catalan.
All the information concerning last year’s call can be found here:http://www.mecd.gob.es/servicios-al-ciudadano-mecd/catalogo/general/educacion/998758/ficha/998758-2015.html
Most likely, this year’s call will be announced here: http://www.mecd.gob.es/mecd/servicios-al-ciudadano-mecd/catalogo/educacion/profesorado/profesorado-universitario/becas-ayudas/formacion
Please, do not apply if you do not fulfill all the requirements.
(*) Information based in last year’s FPU call. Some changes may apply
CONTACT US AS SOON AS POSSIBLE IN ORDER TO PREPARE A GOOD APPLICATION!