The research group Etnobiofic, constituted by researchers from the Botanical Institute of Barcelona (CSIC-ICUB) and from the University of Barcelona (UB) is looking for graduate or master students in:
Biology, Biochemistry, Biotechnology, Environmental Sciences, Biomedical Sciences, Pharmacy or similar
for a FPU (“Formación de Profesorado Universitario”) contract in Barcelona in the field of Plant Evolutionary Biology, with special emphasis in the study of chromosomes and in particular, ribosomal DNA.
We are looking for a candidate enthusiastic for research and also interested in acquiring university teaching skills, in order to ask for a FPU contract of the last call of the MECD (Government of Spain), ending December 22nd
2015 at 14:00 (GMT+1).
is a pluridisciplinary and very active research group, with a long-term scientific track, highly productive and experienced in training PhD candidates. More details on the group can be found at: www.etnobiofic.cat
Requirements and experience:
Duration and salary:
- Applicants must credit that they hold a graduate degree and that they are inscribed in a PhD program in a Spanish university during the academic year 2015-2016 or that they have the master degree, or that they are inscribed, during the academic year 2015-2016, in an official university master leading to a PhD program in the academic year 2016-2017.
- It is necessary an academic record above 8 (Degree) and above 8.5 (MSc.)
- A good level of English is desirable.
- The maximum duration will be four years, excepting handicapped people, who will have six years to complete the program. The contracts will have an annual length, annually renewable, prior favourable report from the PhD commission.
- The planned start of the incorporation of beneficiaries date must occur before November 1st, 2016 (and at the earliest by June 2016, when the call is resolved).
- The salary will be 1.173€/month, plus two extra pays each year.
First phase: the only criterion will be the average balanced academic record within the area of the ANEP selected by the applicant.
Second phase: the evaluation of the merits of the applicants, from 0 to 6 points, will be performed by an evaluation committee of the ANECA, who will only take into account those merits presented by the applicants according these criteria:
- Scientific interest and quality of the training plan (up to 0.5 points).
- Applicant’s CV (up to 2 points).
- PhD supervisor’s CV (up to 2.5 points).
- Research activity of the receiver group in the past five (up to 1 point).
Foreign candidates whose mother tongue is different from Spanish must credit, when submitting the application, that they have the B2 level either of Spanish or Catalan, excepting the applicants that have already completed their license, degree or master in Spanish or Catalan.
All the information concerning this call can be found here:
If you are interested, please contact us:
Institut Botànic de Barcelona (CSIC-ICUB)
Passeig del Migdia s. n. 08038 Barcelona
THE CALL ENDS DECEMBER 22nd AT 14H (GMT+1)
CONTACT US AS SOON AS POSSIBLE TO PREPARE A GOOD APPLICATION!